Thread: Connection Timed Out in Leopard

Connection Timed Out in Leopard

Recently i installed the Leopard operating system on the Apple iMac of mine. But after that i am not able to connect to the network. The error message which i am getting is "Connection Timed Out". But i am able to connect to the internet using same network on Apple MacBook pro of mine. So what is causing this problem and what is the fix for this issue?

Re: Connection Timed Out in Leopard

I will advise you to connect to internet in your Apple iMac using the Wi-Fi, if it has because the internet is working properly on the Apple MacBook Pro connected using the Wi-Fi. So try this out and revert back here as soon as possible. May be this will work out with your Apple iMac system for connecting to the internet. I think this will surely work.

I thing there something wrong happened during the installation of the leopard operating system in the Apple iMac. Because of which you are not able to connect the internet. So i will recommend you to repair the leopard operating system using the installation disc of the Leopard operating system in your Apple iMac. So try this out.

If the repairing of the leopard operating system in your Apple iMac also does not resole the issue then there is only one option left for you. You will have to again reinstall the fresh copy of the leopard operating system. So do it as soon as possible. Make sure that format the hard drive partition on which the current operating system is installed.

It is possible that the Ethernet/ Lan cable that you are using to connect the Router and the Apple iMac for the internet is not proper. I will recommend you to check this LAN cable with some other systems. If not working then this is the LAN cable issue. It is better to replace this LAN cable with the new one. This issue will be fixed after that and you will be able to connect to the internet.

It is also possible that there absolutely no problem with the LAN cable and this is the issue related to the LAN or Ethernet port of the Apple iMac desktop. So i will advise you to contact the Apple service center for resolving this Ethernet issue of your Apple iMac desktop as soon as possible. I dont think so any other reason can cause this kind of problem at all.