Thread: OS 10.5 - Adding to Address Book

OS 10.5 - Adding to Address Book

Hello everyone,

I am working on mac 10.5 and getting some strange complexity to operate the mac. i don't know what is the reason of this issue. For some reason, I am now unable to add anyone to my Address Book. The associated menu items are greyed out on the drop down menu bar and there is no add icon etc in my Address Book.

Any ideas guys ?

Dr. V Guest

OK fine, The problem that you are getting is just seems as having the permissions related issues. In such type of scenario, there should be some effective changes that can solve the issue and according to me, you need to modify the existing card that you owned currently ? Add something to the Notes field of an existing contact. Quit Address Book, re-launch, is the Note still there ?

I am very mach thankful that you considered my problem and thanks again for this kind replies. I also considered your problems and I have verified permissions and they are OK. I am unable to edit a card at all and all of the menu options that relate to editing; such as edit or delete etc are greyed out and they are looking really odd. Any more ideas would be appreciated..

OK, I got your issue and i would suggest you to go for another solution and you need to export your Address Book,but before doing anything, you need to look at this location also.

Just put the archive in the /Home/Library/ApplicationSupport/AddressBook folder.

Will it let you write that file? And just quit from the Address Book. Delete the addressBook.data file, and you need not to touch the Trash to make that empty. Now, Open AddressBook, it will be empty, Import the archive. Does that cure it?

Mac OS X Leopard tightly designed the Address Book, Mail, iCal and To Do options. Adding a contact is simple with your Mac. In the guidelines, we will know actually, how to add the contact to your Address Book.

• Choose Applications in a Finder window. Within the Applications, choose "Address Book" using double-clicking.

• Click on the “+” button from the lower left-hand side of Address Book to create a new one entry. Fill out the data about particulars as name, company and phone numbers of your contact.
    • Add address book contacts directly from your email in Mac OS X Leopard without even browsing the Address Book application.