Thread: OS 10.5 Smackbook Issue

OS 10.5 Smackbook Issue

Hello guys ,

I am working with MacBook w/ 10.5.1 and wanted to do something. I am trying to turn my MacBook w/ 10.5.1 into a smack book with smackleopard.command. Here is my problem when I run into, when I am trying to run AMSTracker from the Terminal then I am getting something like :

127 127 0

There is anyone here who have any experience with AMSTracker that could throw me a bone.

OS 10.5 Smackbook Issue

It should be done on the basis of operating system level and I think you need to make some configuration regarding the Operating system level and I am sure you haven't done it.. Are you sure that you are implementing with proper procedure because I didn't saw this type of error before and you need be sure about every configuration related to the operating system level. Thanks !!!!!!

OS 10.5 Smackbook Issue

Nothing happened after all this because I am not getting which type of configuration you are talking about and that is specially based on the OS level . I tried my own way to solve entire solution but nothing happened after entire trial. let me know which type of configuration you are talking on the OS level

Thanks***

OS 10.5 Smackbook Issue

I was finally able to download Smackbook, install and use it on my MacBook Pro. I thought I wpould take the time to describe it as easy as possible for the another guy who comes along and tries to perform it. If there are guidelines that assumes too easy, remember that there are others that may require it described.

Following is the steps :

1- Download the patched DesktopManager which should be originally supplied by simplylinux.org, but put a copy on our server in case theirs switched down.
    2- Download Smackbook’s zip folder of patches from the original site
    3- Download amstracker and go for installation option..

During the installation of amstracker , some of the components that is described here to install would be supported components and these are very necessary to have.
    Last edited by MrChris-; 27-04-2010 at 01:53 AM.

OS 10.5 Smackbook Issue

Now, you have everything downloaded which is required to implementing the AMSTracker. On your desktop, you should have a directory named "smackbook“,which is a Desktop Manager application, and a gray square named AMSTracker. Now that you have the parts, It time to activate it.

• Put “AMSTracker” into the “smackbook” directory.
    • Start up “Desktop Manager” using double clicking on it.
    • Start the application into “Terminal”. use Spotlight to find it in your tools Folder, which will be in your Applications directory.
    • When started, the bottom line will end with a $ and a grey box. Right before the $ is your user name. The gray box is where your typing will go.
    • From this point, Type “cd /Users/username/Desktop/smackbook”. Don’t put in the quotation marks and be sure to write your actual username instead of the word “username”
    • Press Return to get back. Now, You should “~/Desktop/smackbook username$” and a gray box.
    • Now, where the gray box is you should type “perl smack.pl” without the quotation marks.
    • Press Return and you will see “AMS hardware present and initialized”