Thread: Optiplex GX 270 resolution problem

Optiplex GX 270 resolution problem

Hello,

I recently performed a re-installation on an old Optiplex that is working in very strange manner, so I re-installed XP and entire thing are going fine but some of them are not working well just because of driver issues. But the resolution is haywire - 640x480 / 16 bit. The slider would not work at desktop properties and XP has obviously chosen some types of default configuration. I did find a list of options for resolutions but each one was dreadful - ended up with an 8 bit setting at one point!

Thanks...

As you said that it can be the issue of driver then you need to go to solve the issue of the driver first and that could resolve the driver issues. If you are feeling then you need to go for the re-installation of the compatible driver that you have currently for your system and go ahead for the installation and with proper implementation of the video cards...thanks ***

Yes, fine and if you find that the it can be the issue of the perfect driver for the video card then That's one of "couple of driver problem". you need to perform the Installation of the driver for your video card and possibly the inf-file for your monitor and then after you can get your system in better status and I think everything will be fine. There is nothing to be seems as strange here. Go for the another installation

Dr. V Guest

If you done all of the configuration and unable to get any perfect solution then you need to go for hardware configuration and I think it can solve your issues but don't use any suggestion without proper knowledge of hardware implementation and just skip it , if you are not having the issues related to hardware actually because it is very risky task and it can harm your system, try out the configuration as follows -

1- Check the card seating and cable
    2- Test the video card

Thanks guys,

I am so glad to find the solution and it happened just because of your all support. Thank you very much Genius guys ! thanks !! I spent most of last night saving drivers to CD and it was worth it. I find the solution and can configure at any resolution...

Many thanks again!