Thread: Photon Plus Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Photon Plus Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Hi,
    I have a Macbook system with me. It is running on Mac OS X and recently I had upgraded to Snow Leopard. I had applied for usb modem of TATA. It is Photon +. I had received a small packet with the installation disc. I had run the setup with the disc but the modem does not work. Does anyone knows to install this modem on Mac pc running on Snow Leopard.

Re: Photon Plus Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Just running the installation makes the modem work on your Mac system. You case a dmg file inside cd which is either the driver or setup file for Mac system. You just need double click and run the setup. The automated service installs the driver and the perform a clean reboot. After that you can check your modem. Ensure that you modem is activated.

First copy the disc content on your system. Then plug them modem until the modes light stops flashing. Then open Network Preferences and the press the plus sign at the bottom left you can see a add new service option. Here you can select Huawei mobile and then in the advance you can enter the phone number *99# and then leave the account name and password blank. After that click on the advance button. In this follow the vendor settings.

If you're on ADSL (which I understand) should follow the approach as follows, go to the apple menu (top left). Select > preference system > network. Setting Automatic and then see Built-in Ethernet. Then go in the TCP / IP tab. After that you will need to configure Using DHCP. Normally you do more than to surf via safari or Firefox.

Indeed, once a SIM card inserted and the device connected via USB the user can according to the coverage of where it is to connect with GSM, GPRS, EDGE UMTS and HSDPA as well, allowing theoretical speeds so comfortable 1.8 MB / second download and 384 Kb / second sending. Specially designed for owners of MacBook and MacBook Pro, this modem GlobeSurfer Icon allows you to access the Internet via your laptop.

I am using Apple USB modem it is possible to easily connect to Internet using a dial-up connection by telephone line. It connects to the USB port of your computer. Apple USB Modem is an external modem UBS simple and compact, ideal for anyone using a dial-up connection to access the Internet and send and receive e-mails. Small and lightweight, it is simple to install and even harder to use.