Thread: ATI Radeon X300 Problem

ATI Radeon X300 Problem

Hello guys,

I am suffering from some troubles and need to come out from the problem. So I had a issue with OpenGL on my machine and someone are here who can suggest me to trying the AMD driver installer; if someone could explain what AMD is and how to install that would be greatly appreciated . I tried to find the solution on google and all found nothing there then decided to post on the forum. Is there anyone who can suggest me the solution. So I am hoping from you all !!!

ATI Radeon X300 Problem

I need some more infromation about your configuration settings then you can provide me the proper configuartion of your machine because then after we can find the exact solution for you. You can provide me simply,the thing that you need to do is that just post the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf file me then I can suggest you for the best one fix .

Dr. V Guest

ATI Radeon X300 Problem

This is by default behavior, Ubuntu will already try to use one of the open source drivers for your hardware. If the property set and stability are compatible for you, then you need not to configure anything. The compatible drivers which may be used are as follows -

• VESA minimum common denominator across entire graphics vendor, not tagged with several features.
    • ATI Actually a facade that will access the radeon driver.
    • REDEON Driver compatibility with all radeon classes of hardware - with limited 3D for latest cards.
    • RADEONHD, An alternate driver compatible with R520 hardware and later.

ATI Radeon X300 Problem

I know there are so many settings are configuration from the following directory but I don't think this would be used in this case. I have no idea that why, but I looked in my /etc/X11 directory and unable to see xorg.conf. I looked carefully but unable to find the file. One thing more, Is it related to the problem??

ATI Radeon X300 Problem

Hi everyone,

AMD/ATI still compatible with your ATI Radeon X300 graphics card. It is now compatible with OSS Driver 'Open Source Stack' -Radeon, mesa, Xorg- and not fglrx proprietary drivers on legacy cards. Even though you have Ubuntu 9.10 stable the drivers are now previous for though who require more OpenGL, 3D or features.

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!