Thread: Unable to use Windows 7 with 720p Samsung television

Unable to use Windows 7 with 720p Samsung television

Hello friends,
    I have MacBookPro5 laptop which has Mac OS X . I able to connect it to my 720p Samsung television through the television's VGA port. I have recently installed windows7 in it. After this when I tried to connect it to the same television, it unable to go into a mode that will allow it to display on the television. I don't know why I unable to use Windows 7 with 720p Samsug television. Please help me.
    Thank you.

re: Unable to use Windows 7 with 720p Samsung television

As per my information it possible to install operating system like Window7 on the same PC where MacBook Pro was originally installed. You have said that you are able to connect TV after booting into the MacBook Pro. From your information it seems that there is some Bootcamp drivers related issue. In this case you have to reinstall the Bootcamp drivers again to fix this problem.

You are getting problem while windows7 is booted in your MacBookPro5 laptop. In this case you have to install the Boot Camp Software Update 3.1 for Windows7 to fix this problem. After installing this software you will able to connect your laptop with Windows7 to your samsung TV. If you want this software then click here.

Hey, tried to use following steps to check if the TV will display the desktop:
    Step1: First switch off your System and now position it within easy reach of your TV.
    Step2:Now disconnect monitor, by leaving the mouse and keyboard attached.
    Step3:Now connect your computer's output video cable to your Samsung TV.
    Step4:Now switch on your TV. Now adjust the input in such a way that it matches the output on your computer.
    Step5:After this again connect PC properly and now turn on your Computer.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your computer's video card. Your video card's drivers may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your computer's video card's drivers to get rid out of this problem. Just go to Device manager and from there try to updates your computer's video card's drivers.

I have Dell laptop with HDMI out and It also have windows7 installed. I able to connect it 720p Samsug television. For connectin to TV In have to press FN button +F8 button to get it to display on the LCD TV. I think you also try this procedure to go into display on the LCD TV. First make sure that you have special key sequence to enable the HDMI out in your laptop.

Re: Unable to use Windows 7 with 720p Samsung television

Quote Originally Posted by Baazigar View Post
    Hello friends,
    I have MacBookPro5 laptop which has Mac OS X . I able to connect it to my 720p Samsung television through the television's VGA port. I have recently installed windows7 in it. After this when I tried to connect it to the same television, it unable to go into a mode that will allow it to display on the television. I don't know why I unable to use Windows 7 with 720p Samsug television. Please help me.
    Thank you.
    I have exactly the same problem.Mine is Mac Book though,Snow Leopard version 10.6
    I have the latest NVIDIA drivers (updated),I updated the Bootcamp to 3.1 version,yet the display doesnt set to TV mode when in Windows 7.

Losing my wit over this.
    PLEASE HELP !!!