Thread: rc.local Not Found

rc.local Not Found

Hi,

I am working on suse 2.6 which is one of the linux based operating system, I checked in the following directory : /etc/rc.d/rc.local and it is not present in the location. I need to run some default scripts while booting like /usr/sbin/serial.o
    where I have to do this, would you all have some suggestion about this and if you have then please any body provide me the solution.
    Last edited by Kalyug; 25-04-2010 at 05:08 AM.

rc.local Not Found

The location and you can say, the directory /etc/rc.d/rc.local is better to use for custom scripts but it is not the well and suggested way to do that. Instead, it is suggested to add a script into the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory. The simplest method to do that this is to copy another script from within and editing it to indicate to your script. This is method is good because it executes like a normal service and will allow you to stop, start, and restart just as you do for the some other services.

rc.local Not Found

The method that is suggested above by the afidelino is well and I am agree on this statement that describes the use of script.
    The easiest way to do this is to copy another script from within and editing it to point to your script
    And I am sure that you have a file named boot.local. you can call your script from this particular file.I hope, this would be helpful solution , you need to try this.

rc.local Not Found

Hello guys,

I am trying to execute the Linux command "sudo gedit /etc/rc.local" from the Terminal,but there is some issue which is undetected by mine but I am "sudo gedit: command not found ." What do I require to do to resolve this? I need to fix this problem ???Have you all any suggestion

rc.local Not Found

KDE ( Kubuntu ):

Code:
    sudo kate /etc/rc.local
    Gnome ( Ubuntu ):

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
    Solution, There is no matter which UI you are using currently :

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gedit && sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
    And One more suggestion that please you need to use "gksudo" or "gksu" if you are using graphical applications.

rc.local Not Found

See some suggestion that will guide you about the use of gksu and gksudo. A common tool for executing GNOME application with the root privileges is gksu and gksudo. Currently these two applications are within consideration of Fedora. Therefore, you can't these packages in the Fedora repository. For Fedora user there is an alternative package called Beesu. Beesu is the alternative package to use to open GNOME application like Nautilus using root privileges.