Thread: Motorola Droid (A855) - connecting to Ubuntu 9.10

Motorola Droid (A855) - connecting to Ubuntu 9.10

My current operating system is Ubuntu 9.10 and the mobile phone I am having is Motorola A855. I have just plugged in my Motorola Droid and it is displaying "Motorola A855", but I am not able to open it up in Nautilus and Rhythmbox is also not able to recognize it.

I am just trying to put some musing on my mobile phone but I am unable to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated related to Motorola Droid (A855) - connecting to Ubuntu 9.10

Dr. V Guest

Re: Motorola Droid (A855) - connecting to Ubuntu 9.10

I am not a user of Droid mobile phone but I am using the TouchPro2 but I was also facing the same problem but got the solution for this problem. You have to see if there is any USB settings that will let you to flip between sync and the disk mode. I am able to connect my TouchPro2 to my Ubuntu machine through Disk mode with out using any other software. It is mounting like flash drive.

Here is the perfect solution for your problem

Once you have plugged the phone in your computer system using USB, then you will get a notification displaying the that it has been plugged in on your phone. After that you can select to mount the SD card. After doing that you will be able to access it, it is similar to a USB drive.

Keep in mind that you have to unmount it in the ubuntu operating system and then you have to unmout it on the droid using musing on you the device.

Thanks for the reply and it works.

Now I am facing another problem I have bought a blue tooth adapters for around $20.00 and used in my Ubuntu machine and then try to pair it with my Droid but when I tried to transfer the file it asked me to accept, and I have done the same and the file transfer starts. But I never ends no matter how much long you wait. In short I am not able to transfer the file using Blue-tooth.

It is clear for your reply that you are successful in pairing the mobile phone with your Ubuntu computer system. The only problem with you is that you can not transfer the file.

For that purpose open any hard drive and now in the address bar pull down the menu, and you will see the blue tooth device there you have to just select it and using that you can transfer the file.

Happy file transferring. ....