Thread: Problem with Wireless connection in ubuntu

Problem with Wireless connection in ubuntu

I am a newbie for ubuntu and unable to access the wireless connection and I got issue when getting connected to the internet through the wireless. The problem is, that when I get ready to connect with internet after starting the system, but just for a few minutes. The connection seems to be solid and it shows, that connected established successfully but I can't open any pages.The status shows that I am connected, but actually not connected because I am unable to access the connection . Using the wire doesn't lead to any problems.

Have you tried to reset the connection or not because sometimes, the connection resetting can solve the issues. And one thing more, you need to reset all the values properly with the absolute values that are dependent on the connection like the Ethernet status and just made it enable as you can do and quickly send me the result what you are getting there means any changes you are looking there or not..

Hello,

I don't think , it can be solved after resetting the connection. I also did the same thing that you suggested me to do that. I want to provide some information which is described below -

Code:
    lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wmaster0  no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bg  Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  
              Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Power Management:off
              Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
              Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
              Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
    It would be appreciate if you help me to solve this problem because I really don't want to replace Ubuntu just because of a wireless connection.

As you specified the error or you say the information that you provide to me is same as that i was getting earlier. To make sure there isn't another problem check the output of the following command-

Code:
    iwlist scan
    It should provide entire local access points / network names (ESSID),which looks like same in my case is "Mousquetaires". You should be then capable to connect using your 'network manager', that should be in either your <networking> submenu or your <system tools>.

I think, there are two possible options for networking tools,that can be wicd (that I have just started using in 9.10 as it was going well) or the 'Network Manager' that I could not get to do. For using wicd then you can use the following -
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wicd
    Then after you can select your wireless network, and just configure the setting related to password or other components that you need to configure.

I got your point and considered the result of your iwlist scan and I find that it displays in the list that the wireless network that you are using is down, hence there is no chance of wicd being able to locate any wireless networks. Assuming, to access the wireless interface functioning you will probably requires to do one of two actions. First of all, you may easily required to 'flick the wifi switch' on the front of the system to get it to start receiving. In such scenario, You may then requires to bring up the interface using following command -
    Code:
    sudo ifconfig wlan0 up