Thread: Audio stopping in Ubuntu 9.10

Audio stopping in Ubuntu 9.10

I am running Ubuntu 9.10 on my system which is having the issue with playing the sound. The Audio stopping in Ubuntu 9.10 while i was listening to the podcast on the Google. I am unable to fine the reason behind the same. I have checked the audio driver and it is fine. So any one is having the knowledge about the same let me know about the solution. Thanks in advance.

Re: Audio stopping in Ubuntu 9.10

As per my knowledge it can be possible that your file is got corrupted has so you have to reinstall the PA. TO reinstall the same you have to open the terminal and then run "sudo apt-get install --reinstall pulseaudio" on the terminal which will install the PA. So try this out and see whether you are getting the Audio or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    As per my knowledge it can be possible that your file is got corrupted has so you have to reinstall the PA. TO reinstall the same you have to open the terminal and then run "sudo apt-get install --reinstall pulseaudio" on the terminal which will install the PA. So try this out and see whether you are getting the Audio or not.
    I have tried this as you have said me to do and after reinstalling the PA i am getting no sound so help me with more solution of the same. A help may be appreciated.

If reinstalling of Pulse Audio is not working then it might be possible that you have to uninstall OSS related things from the system. First get the list of the OSS buy running this command
    Code:
    dpkg -l "*oss*"
    Now Run the this command which will display the OSS packages you want to remove.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove <oss packages>
    Finally run this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install alsa-base alsa-oss

Let me know about the Sound Card which you are using with the board. If there is any sound card onboard is available then try to enable the so that it will run with its own setting. Also install the fresh driver for your sound driver and see whether it is working or not. So try this out and let me know about working of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devasis View Post
    Let me know about the Sound Card which you are using with the board. If there is any sound card onboard is available then try to enable the so that it will run with its own setting. Also install the fresh driver for your sound driver and see whether it is working or not. So try this out and let me know about working of this.
    Hey thanks for your help that you have given me regarding my issue and i have tried the same and magically it is working for me. I have enabled the Onboard Sound and it is working all fine.