Thread: Dlink DWA-125 wireless card issue

Dlink DWA-125 wireless card issue

Hello friends.....
    After doing the recent installation of Ubuntu in my computer, I am having a problem already. Basically, I am facing a Dlink DWA-125 wireless card issue. The operating system is working fine, with all the other features. The problem is only with the card. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I was working with Windows XP before this and I had not experienced any such issues before.
    Kindly help me with the solutions that will help me to solve this situation.

Re: Dlink DWA-125 wireless card issue

Hello there, I had a similar Dlink DWA-125 wireless card issue and I had also switched from Windows to Ubuntu. There is no need to worry because the new users of Ubuntu face such problems in the beginning. A simple solution is to start a terminal and type the code that is given below. The issue must be solved after that.
    Code:
    sudo modprobe rt3070sta
    iwconfig
    dmesg | grep -e rt2 -e rt3

It is possible that there is some issue with the Dlink DWA-125 wireless card itself. You have not mentioned about what the problem is mainly about. I am guessing that the card is not being detected or not working. So, this means that it must have become corrupt. Try using it in another system and let me know about it. If it works fine, then I will have to provide you with some other solution for the operating system.

Hello again......
    I was taking a about the Dlink DWA-125 wireless card issue, that it was not able to detect in my system and ultimately, it was not able to work. As suggested in the above post, I tried using it in another system with Ubuntu only. To my surprise, it worked fine. So, I am still not able to understand why this issue is occurring. I am not able to understand how to go about the code that is given in the first reply, as I am new to this operating system.

It seems that the Dlink DWA-125 wireless card issue is being caused because there is some conflicts between the drivers in the system. So, you will have make sure that the drivers that are installed in your system are fully compatible with the operating system. Search for the proper drivers from the internet and ask from your computer engineer about the same. Not, after you have installed the proper drivers, try connecting the card and check if it works or not.