Thread: How to restore full functionality to a reduced functionality version of windows vista

How to restore full functionality to a reduced functionality version of windows vista

ok so today i turned on my computer and it would not let me start windows without reduced functionality. i got my internet explorer open and i did some searching. i found an article telling how to rearm the version and crack it using the timestop crack or something. i tried it but in reduced functionality it wont let you run the script, cscript slmgr.vbs -rearm. so i tried something much easier.
    1. First turn on your computer. press F8(i think) at the boot up screen to open up boot options.
    2. choose safe mode with command prompt.
    3. let everything boot up.
    4. once in command prompt, type date.
    5. type in the new date 12/31/2003
    6. restart your computer and you should be all set.
    it will still be a trial version but you have from the date you entered to the date you installed vista plus the 120 day trial period. thats a few more years that you wont have to be paying microsoft 120-160 dollars xD
    Last edited by Jonstek117; 24-04-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Re: How to restore full functionality to a reduced functionality version of windows vista

It is really a nice trick for tweaking windows vista trail. There are some other cmd tips also by which you can extend the trial period of Windows OS. So that you get a much more time in using the OS. For this just enter slmgr -rearm command from the cmd and hit enter. A dial connection will appear and ask for reboot. After that you can check your limitation which will be extended to 25 to 30 days more.