Thread: Unable to delete folders on NTFS partition

Unable to delete folders on NTFS partition

Why cannot i delete a folder that is present in the temp folder of my system. Even though i did it profusely in the past but now whenever i try to delete folders from the temp file it always results in to an error message that "Error

"Deleting File or Folder"

"Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

Please suggest a suitable solution to delete this file from the NTFS partition

Re: Unable to delete folders on NTFS partition

Try the following steps for removing the folder which you are not able to delete from your system

• Close all the programs that are being run in the in your windows closing which do not affect regular Windows operation.
    • Boot your system in the safe mode.
    • It may be possible that the folder may have been applied the read only attribute or so try to reset those applied attributes.
    • Then try a complete ChkDisk/Scandisk (which starts before entering Windows).

The CCleaner application is highly recommended in such situations since CCleaner optimizes our system, privacy and cleaning tool. It also removes unused files from your system which allows Windows to run even faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

Move all the stuff which you need from the temp folder. Then restart the system which you need from the temp folder. Open the command prompt. Then end the process called as explorer.exe from the task manager. Delete the temp folder and then start the start explorer.exe again from the task manager. Hope this would have helped you.

Dr. V Guest

This could be due to a virus which may have infected your system and hence i would suggest you to install a good antivirus application on your system in order to get rid of this virus. The malwarebytes antimalware will help you in this matter it is also available freely. Hope this will resolve the issue.