Thread: Flash player won't install under Ubuntu 9.10

Flash player won't install under Ubuntu 9.10

Hello I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" operating system the problem is that I am not able to install the Adobe flash player. I have no idea regarding the issue. It would better that you give me a better solution for the same. Hoping for the solution. It would be a great help. Thank you.

Re: Flash player won't install under Ubuntu 9.10

The problem could be well with the application that you have. It may be that the flash player installer may have some issues or bugs and this is the reason that you are not be able to work out with the application. So look out for type application that has no issues or threats that is been affecting the same. You may get to a better conclusion.

There is another alternative for the same. You need to check out by getting another application that has no issues appended to the same. It is possible that the application you have is not able to gel up well. So get the application that is well versed and no problems associated. This may get install to the system and help you out t get it functioned.

It may be that the application is not compatible or able to cope with the operating system that you have. So in order to make the application install or work out well you need to look out for the compatible tool or the application that supports well under Ubuntu operating system that you use. So look out for the same. It will help you out to get the things to work out in your own way.

Try downloading the contents that may help you to work well with the same. It did for me. All you need to do is to download the .deb from Adobe's site (instead of the APT), or try Gnash's free Flash alternative plugin. This may then make the application to gel up with the operating system and thus help him out to get the things work.

A Solution for the problem that you face is been discussed for 6bit version of the operating system you use given as follows:
    • You need to download Get64bitFlash-0.2.3.tar.gz (use "Right Click, Save Link As...)
    • Right click on the tar.gz and select "Extract Here"
    • Close all browsers.
    • Inside the folder that extracts is a "Get64bitFlash" file, double click on it.
    • Select "Run in Terminal"
    • When the terminal closes, restart your browser.