Thread: Transparent Menu Bar on Ubuntu

Transparent Menu Bar on Ubuntu

Hi there,

Anyone here, that can solve my little bit issue for you all. I am using ubuntu and need to change the display property of the windows such as i would like to make my menu bar transparent, How would I do it. I tried searched every options within the windows but there was nothing that I can use chnages and also tried on the google and found nothing. Anyone know how to do it?

Where you are wondering to get the settings regarding this display properties. The same thing that you are talking about can be some through the gnome, There are some changes need to make, follow the instructions below -

1- Make right click on the menu bar.
    2- Choose properties.
    3- Choose the background tab from the top of the dialog box.
    4- Now, Choose the Solid Color and there you can mess around with the transparency.

try out this step,It's very accurate and would do 100%

Hello sir,

I am very thankful for your kind replies but I need to perform another thing. I need to change the bar of the windows but the guidelines that you have given to me would work for only to change the panel. I need not to change the panel..Any other recommendations regarding the same... Would be appreciated...

There is another alternative to perform the same but you need to be ready with some advance settings that can help you to turn your ways. If you are running with Compiz then you can simply turn your gnome menu’s in the transparent mode . This is pretty neat if you already have some types of transparent emerald theme running and desired to your entire desktop to match. you can take the support of the another themes or third party software's that can be used to do the same but i don't think, there is any inbuild property within the ubuntu are available for this task, you have to require another third party tools..

First of all , you need to be sure that the another third party software about which it is being discussed ,need to be ready and installed named ‘Compiz Configuration Settings Manager’ is also know as CCSM. You can simply find this in synaptic if you don’t.

1. Open CCSM
    2. Go to Accessibility
    3. Go to Tab - Opacity Settings

Dr. V Guest

After implemetation the changes and clean and fresh installation of the software known as Compiz Configuration Settings Manager , you have to enter the settings described as follows: -

• dock 67
    • Menu 90
    • DropdownMenu 92
    • popupmenu 93