Thread: AVI not working on vista

AVI not working on vista

I am using a desktop computer which runs windows vista. yesterday i have downloaded a new video file using utorrent. When i try to open it with various programs it always gives me an error message that it is not a valid Win32 application. Hence i cannot play AVI files on vista can you please help me how to go about this situation. Thanks in Advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: AVI not working on vista

You are not able to play these files may be you did not have an appropriate player installed on your vista system and hence i would suggest you to install the K-lite codec pack. Install this player onto your system so that all your media files get associated with the media player classic. After the installation restart the system and then play the file again it would start playing.

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player and multimedia framework capable of reading most audio and video formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, DivX, MPEG-1, mp3, ogg, aac AVI...) as well as DVDs, Audio CDs VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a media converter or a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on networks. Download it from the link VLC Media Player

This error may have occurred because your system files may have got corrupted and hence the best possible solution which i can suggest is to use the video repair tools for repairing the video files. If the video repair tools also did not effect your system anymore i think you will have to download the file again but this time download it from another location.

First of all i will suggest you to try a different but somewhat more powerful application which will help you to play the Avi files directly on your system. The VideoLan (VLC) has a number of built in codecs which do not need external codecs for playing these files. The VLC is the most advanced and most widely used media player.