Thread: keyboard shortcuts not working on ubuntu

keyboard shortcuts not working on ubuntu

I am working on ubuntu 9.10 and unable to understand from where it is being occurred. The combination of ALT+F4 just kinda sits there and does not close any windows even though in the keyboard shortcuts preferences app and in the compiz settings manager it says that it is registered o close window, but it doesn't do anything. Also, if we talk about the keyboard layout options, I map menu to super, several of my compiz shortcuts stop functioning, especially CTRL+ALT+Left and CTRL+ALT+Right, to change my current workspace.

First of all tell me, it's going with only some of the sites or every sites that you opened because there may be so many thing that can cause this error, Have you checked the device management section and if you have configuration everything in the device section ( you can configure the settings if they are not in proper way ).You need to disconnect the device from the port and try to get the connection of keyboard and enter the shortcuts..
    Last edited by Devasis; 24-04-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Are you capable to restore your keyboard shortcuts with the current settings ? I happen to have installed Karmic on a working machine and was not able to use several of the default shortcuts (e.g. alt+f1, ctrl+q, etc.).

However, I have been able to restore near about all of my shortcuts. However, I still unable to use <Ctrl> in this way as cut/copy/paste/quit/etc. Let us/me find out that if you have come up with anything else.

I have find out some thing after a long search . You need to use the compizconfig and enable Gnome Compatibility. Everything would be started and functioning again . I found this post suddenly and I am very glad to suggest you.You need to use this procedure and I hope, it would be much helpful for you to solve your issues.