Thread: Windows 7 Freezes on Welcome Screen

Windows 7 Freezes on Welcome Screen

Hello members,
    Hey, my PC screen freezes randomly and sometimes after an hour, two hours, this is not at all regular. Can someone tell me why? I know if one of you had this problem, but I can no longer turn windows. It remains stuck at the logo, can not boot into safe mode, and when I run the repair tool, it shows me an error. I have tried to search the solution on the Web but didn't find an appropriate solution. So I am having hopes on you guys, please tell me some solution for Windows Freezing on Welcome Screen.

Re: Windows 7 Freezes on Welcome Screen

I had the same problem: screen freezes with movement or mouse click or it reboots itself. Nothing to do but reset. This happened after changing a that which has blown. After much research I found the solution anywhere: The graphics card must have taken a power surge. To check this, lower the screen resolution to 800x600 16-bit mini, and then it started working properly.

May be B'coz of your RAM is overloaded.

how much RAM is installed????

and also check your CPU utilization also.
    ASUS M4A78EM/1394| AMD 720 X3| ADATA 2GB| PSU 450WATT| WIN XP| ASUS 3D* LED 23"| HDD 160GB + 320GB

This may be an overheating problem, or lousy memory or hard disk problem. Also there are chances that you are getting this error because of some infected files of operating system. To discard that you are infected, do a scan with these two Anti-Virus On-line :
    • Kaspersky On-line
    • AVG Free Edition

Thanks guys for trying to help me. I am using 4GB RAM for my operating system which is Windows 7 and I think that it is enough for this operating system. Even I have tried to scan my system with an updated anti-virus still I am having the same issue. Please help me by suggesting more solutions. I want to get this started as soon as possible..!!

Dr. V Guest

I will like to suggest you to Download Ultimate Boot CD 4.1.1. It is still fashionable to have a boot disk for troubleshooting a machine planted seriously, the problem is that it often manipulate multiple disks to achieve his ends. Ultimate Boot CD brings together a host of tools for troubleshooting and diagnostics on a single CD-ROM bootable.

I do what you ask but the screen freezes after two minutes. I have the time to do anything. I even tried to launch a scan with malwarebytes anti-virus but not the right time to finish. Lastly I solved it when I formatted cleanly after taking the backup of data. So if nothing is working for you then format your machine and then install the operating system again.

Is it the original windows ?

use ccleaner to repair ur registries
    ASUS M4A78EM/1394| AMD 720 X3| ADATA 2GB| PSU 450WATT| WIN XP| ASUS 3D* LED 23"| HDD 160GB + 320GB