Thread: Gnome Phone Manager

Gnome Phone Manager

Hi all,

I need to know about useful application by searching for a way to send SMS messages from my laptop. I am using Ubuntu Operating system in my laptop. I already had a mobile phone that could send messages, and need app will integrate with my cell phone via Bluetooth so you can send messages from PC to phone (so the phone can send the message). Any idea. Please reply.

Dr. V Guest

Gnome Phone Manager

Linux Phone Standards announced the LiPS (Linux Phone Standards) 1.0 completed and officially released, realize the commitments made in June this year. LiPS release of these specifications will enable Linux applications and services, basic phone in the cellular industry chain, Linux software platform supplier, OEM and the operators will be benefited. LiPS 1.0 specification, including reference model, telephone interface, and timely communications, calendar and timetable, online, user interface, address book and voice call and other 8 modules. Check and reply.

Gnome Phone Manager

You may use redhat8.0 + unofficial kde3.1 updates, magic1.1beta (own kde3.1). Just open the / usr / share / apps / konqueror / servicemenus this directory, you will find the following quite a number of *. desktop files, is that they achieve in this open end of these colorful the right function. look konsolehere.desktop contents of the file: [Desktop Entry] ServiceTypes = inode / directory Actions = openTerminalHere X-KDE-AuthorizeAction = shell_access [Desktop Action openTerminalHere] Name = Open Terminal Here... Name [zh_CN ] = In this open the terminal... Icon = konsole Exec = konsole - workdir% U Obviously, it is divided into two sections, of which [Desktop Entry] section Service Types = inode / directory # define the right conditions for the menu item appears , as inode / directory . This definition can be set on the menu. Check and reply.

Gnome Phone Manager

Gaim started as AOL's AIM instant messaging client software to design, from its name can be seen, Gaim is actually GNU AIM. In the instant communications, new kitchen, and Windows in the giant competition is clearly unrealistic, so Gaim developers to find a perfect entry point. Gaim itself does not have the communication function, but the use of plug-in usually a plug-in is an extension so the library file, or in Windows, is the extension DLL dynamic link library), so parents with homage to late- advantage. Benefit from the modular design and open source code share. All the best.

Gnome Phone Manager

I am also using Gaim that use MSN for SMS support, then use the MSN plug-in, if you want to use Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Messenger plug-ins on the use of a word can be infinitely extended. Gaim also a unique technique that can simultaneously load multiple plug-ins, that is, as long as the open Gaim, you can use multiple instant messaging software, no longer have to scramble like Windows in the way of different software switched. Check and reply.

Gnome Phone Manager

I am also a Ubuntu users. In Linux, there feel slightly inconvenient to use Gmail then. Hope that this program can solve your troubles, It can be the perfect integration into your Linux. First of all, English version with Ubuntu 9.10 as an example, click on the menu bar System - Preferences - Preferred Applications, select Gmail as your default mail client. This set, in the website click the link to any Email, Gmail will automatically pop up a small window to write. It is very convenient, the program is small, but some procedures can improve your efficiency. Latest version also supports Google Apps login. This small program supports any Gnome desktop Linux.