Thread: Forgot Windows 7 Admin password

Forgot Windows 7 Admin password

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my computer. Thus I changed my admin password and kept a new one. But I forgot this new admin password. Now I am not able to login with admin account. I am right now using it with guest account. Is there any way to reset or recover the administrator password? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Forgot Windows 7 Admin password

Resetting the password is easy, all you need is reset disk to perform the operation. Simply enter a wrong password and a message will appear saying the password entered is incorrect. It also provide you with an OK button. Press it. Now it will ask you if you want to reset your password, press Reset password button. You will be taken to Password reset wizard. Follow it to reset the password. When asked, provide the reset disk.

There are many ways to recover your Windows if you have lost or forgot Windows 7 password, among which the Windows Repair is the best option is my opinion. With the help of Windows 7 CD/DVD, reboot your computer and when you get the message saying "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter. This will boot Windows 7 from your CD/DVD. Go to Advanced Boot Options screen and then choose "Repair your computer". When asked, select the operating system (if you have many) and select "Next". Now select "System Repair". Finally click on "Restart" button to start the repairing operation.

Did you tried rebooting your computer and login into Safe mode? Here you will not be asked any password and your id would be "administrator" with admin rights. As soon as you get in you can reset the password of the account for which you are having the difficulty. I hope this helps.

If none of the above works then I think the last option is left with you is System Restore. The steps are also simple provided you have this feature enabled. If it is then you are lucky. Boot in Safe mode and restore your computer to a point before you have created this account.

If this too doesn't work then the only thing that comes to my mind is reinstall Windows 7.

support Guest

you can use some Windows password Recovery Tool to reset your Windows 7 password:

1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download windows login recovery and install it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD or a USB flash drive.

2. Get out the newly created CD/USB and insert it to the locked computer.

3. re-booted the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your computer's Setup to make it boot from CD drive or USB drive) and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.

4. Setting new password.

Jesus_wu Guest

idea Re: Forgot Windows 7 Admin password

Try this!
    Method one: Login with the default administrator account

Step 1: Start Windows PC
    Step 2: When you can see the Windows login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys Twice and it'll show Classic Login box
    Step 3: Type Administrator as Username and leave the Password field blank
    Step 4: Press the Enter Key and then you can be able to login the default windows administrator account which is it created by default when install windows.

Note: When you input the key combination Please don’t put the cursor on any account. And if you change the name or password before, you cannot login by this way.

Affection Forgot Windows 7 Admin password

I install a windows 7 to my pc. now i'm forgetting my administrator password.please help me to recover the password.pls...pls..

Reboot your computer.

WHILE it is loading, press F8 rapidly and often.

Arrow down to highlight "Safe mode with command prompt" and press enter.

When the new screen appears, type the following at the flashing prompt (in the black screen)!

net user (enter your user name here without the parenthesis) /random

Example: net user ken /random

If you do not type it with the proper spacing (1 space between each) it will not work.

This will give you the password.