Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Macbook air startup problem

Operating Systems

Old 22-04-2010

Macbook air startup problem

Hello,
I have a Mac in the hands get down yesterday by a friend whom it did not get to the run. Now it has her other things, the Apple MAC OS X Tiger install to no avail. The thing boots up and remains a gray screen with the folder looking +? stand. Unfortunately I have not Apple keyboard, but there have got a simple Windows keyboard there. What can I do? Does anyone have tips what can I do? If I boot with Alt key, I do have a mouse but only a gray screen and nothing more happens. Is this the problem of start-up or something else? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 22-04-2010

Re: Macbook air startup problem

Hello,
So you have a disk (Tiger installation disc)? Ever tried while the system with the inserted disc and the C key (or was it down the D button) to keep? Normally, it should then boot from the installation disc and go into the setup menu. Please see that you are performing the correct process to do the same, either wise it should not have any problems.
Old 22-04-2010

Hello,
As one can see that, I'm honestly not sure told me. I know the only stop by the Imac at work. The Leopard DVD that is only works with Intel iMacs. A colleague did the DVD once installed on a Macbook Pro to use for one, but did not work. How has expressed exactly, I know, unfortunately not. If only just a guess, because I have not implemented it.
Old 22-04-2010

Hello,
When the DVD is black , and the large os "X" on it has, then it should be the retail version of tiger act. The system bundle DVDs with the purchased computer (typ) only work, are mostly gray. Have you checked the following, please check, if that does not work then we will suggest you another option. Just first check this, if it is correct.
Old 22-04-2010

Hello,
Just check this
PRAM and NVRAM reset
-Drive computer download the.
-Locate the following keys on your keyboard: Windows key command key , control key Option , P and R. You need this key in step 4, hold down simultaneously.
-Turn the computer.
-Press the Windows control PR- Command-Option-PR and hold it down. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
-Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound a second time.
-Release the keys.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,