Thread: UseEvents and KDE 4.3 direct rendering broken with 190.16

UseEvents and KDE 4.3 direct rendering broken with 190.16

I am having an issue with the 190.16 which have tried on the Nvidia 9800 GTX+ after that i am having multiple issue with it. The first one is with the freezing of the system while starting the 3D application and another one is System slow down. I used the UserEvent for same and deactivated the same the issue got resolved. When i used the KDE 4.3 than also same issue. So help me with the UseEvents and KDE 4.3 direct rendering broken with 190.16 issue. Thank You.

Re: UseEvents and KDE 4.3 direct rendering broken with 190.16

I think you are right about the stalling of the system due to the UserEvent setting. which was the issue of mine before also and i have solved the same with some trick. But as per your issue is concerned i wanted to know about the Log file of the User Event and then i can only give you the proper solution of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Devasis View Post
    I think you are right about the stalling of the system due to the UserEvent setting. which was the issue of mine before also and i have solved the same with some trick. But as per your issue is concerned i wanted to know about the Log file of the User Event and then i can only give you the proper solution of the same.
    As you have asked about the log file so let me tell you that i have not yet able to give you the same. So it will be appreciable if you provide me the solution for the same.

I think there is one thing that help be might be work with you also so go through the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not. I have turned off the Desktop composition to work with the same and the issue got resolved. In my case the issue was the Desktop composition which might be yours too. So try the same and work with your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Devasis View Post
    I think there is one thing that help be might be work with you also so go through the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not. I have turned off the Desktop composition to work with the same and the issue got resolved. In my case the issue was the Desktop composition which might be yours too. So try the same and work with your issue.
    I have tried the same but after going through all the same and disabling the desktop manger the issue does not resolved yet. So let me know some other option for the same.

In that case there is only one thing that you can do with the same is to Disabling UseEvents which might fix the issue related to the Nvidia 9800 GTX. Also if the disabling on the UserEvent does not work for you then let me tell you that you have to upgrade to the newer version of the KDE that is having the fix for this issue.