Thread: Red Hat setup problem

Red Hat setup problem

Hello,
    I can not manage to install Linux RedHat on a server with 2 SCSI disks, the controller is a Symbios LSI53C1010. It starts the installation but does never end. How to load the controller driver during installation? I'm Newbie in Linux, am very opposed Windows. So I will need you help. Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Red Hat setup problem

Hello,
    Red Hat is YOUR VERY old, if you have no particular reason to choose this version, I advise you strongly take a more recent distribution. If not for help, what is the machine? (Gear in general) is too recent, there is virtually no chance of turning a red hat on. I would rather recommend you to try fedora or for server based operating system openSUSE.

Red Hat installation

Hello,
    I do have a smilar kind of problem while installing my Red hat operating system.
    My computer configuration is
    It is a Pentium III processor with two 1 GHz each
    SCSI hard drive with 17 GB each, SCSI controller Adaptec AIC-7850 PCI peripheral logic lsi53C1010
    lectueur CD 52 Xmax
    512MB RAM
    AGP graphics card, ATI Tech 3D Rage pro agp 2x

Hello,
    But Red Hat is REALLY old So if you have no particular reason to install this version, try something more recent (Fedora if you want to stay in the same type of distribution, if you choose, you can always ask if you're not on) apparently, your scsi card is functional Linux since kernel 2.2 (), it probably just the. even if you have a 2.2 kernel, support would be too recent and not included by default, is still buggy.

Hello,
    Leaves changing, then downloads the latest version fedora. You will have more support on this forum. Alternatively, you can try the latest of ubuntu It is not particularly better or worse, but I know (and many others in this forum) that we will be easier to get help if you are worried. By cons, if you were already familiar with the red hat, fedora, which is the "free version" of the last Red Hat (RHEL 4, RHEL 5) is closer to that red hat ubuntu, then chosen accordingly.

Hello,
    Even if you want to try redhat, improvements in the latest versions of the distributions are still significant and this would be a shame it happened because your pc is not old enough to not be able to install them. There is even a chance that if you installed gnome or kde, they are more reactive and take up less memory in the latest versions. If you want to install the minimum of things, then you can also opt for a net install debian by example, though I just saw that you're a beginner. So the ideal is to take a recent distro everything is better and you do not galley as command line would probably be the case with "old" Distrib.