Thread: Bugs with new Kernel

Bugs with new Kernel

Hello,
    I'm on Sabayon Linux, installed and updated kernel 2.6.31 to 2.6.33. My wireless card is working properly on kernel 2.6.31, kernel 2.6.32 From my wireless card is wlan0 and the 2.6.33 kernel it seems that the driver of my card is more, in both cases, my wireless is working.
    Code:
    # Ifconfig wlan0 up SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or such
    Having little experience with Linux I was wondering if there are solutions to this problem or if it was worth waiting for a better new updated kernel to hope to find a functional wireless card. Any more information about this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bugs with new Kernel

Hello,
    In general the error of this kind is the fact that instead of the config file from there by a fresh config file and forget to add the material to the list of modules to construct. Have you updated your kernel properly, that is I guess it was not interrupted in between. If you have more problems with it then you can reinstall the kernel with the new one.

Hello,
    There may be a solution (if it has been enabled in the kernel) which is to retrieve the file config.gz (I will check the exact name and its location tonight for me) version that works. And use this file to recompile the kernel with new information for one that works. Honestly a kernel is much easier than you think. And then you can probably recover your wifi.

Hello,
    The. config retrieve is the one found in
    Code:
    / boot / config.VERSION
    it copies as
    Code:
    / usr / src / kernel.VERSION / .config
    to start from the existing config and functional during make menuconfig which will precede the compilation . (Of course do not forget to LOAD CONFIG FILE before to select settings annexes).

Hello,
    This is indeed the case if we compile the kernel yourself. But in this case it did not compile. The nucleus was pre-compiled. Outside there is a feature from the kernel if it is enabled to retrieve a configuration file to rebuild the same kernel pre-compile. Very useful option if enabled me well served 1 or 2 times. If you need more information about this then you can post back.