| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: How to install KDE without uninstalling Ubuntu
while booting in Ubuntu , you will have a choice between Gnome and KDE.
- Open a terminal window dropdown menu Applications, Accessories, Terminal.
- In the window that opens, type the command sudo add-apt-repository ACH: kubuntu-ppa/beta and press Enter. Enter your password and confirm with Enter. Sources Kunbutu are then added to the list of available sources.
- Then enter Order sudo apt-get update and confirm with Entrance. Then enter the command sudo apt get dist-upgrade- and confirm with Enter.
- Click key O then Hit enter
- Finally, enter the command sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop and press Enter. Press O to continue and press Enter.
- The KDE packages are then downloaded and installed. Press OK. Select the interface to start automatically to the start screen, kdm KDE for example and press Enter. Finally, restart your computer. You can then choose the desktop start.
Last edited by Solomon : 18-04-2010 at 06:02 AM.