Thread: Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard cannot function in Windows 7

Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard cannot function in Windows 7

Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard is a very useful software that I was using when I was working with Windows XP previously. Now, I have done a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system. But, I am facing a weird problem that Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard cannot function in Windows 7. I have installed it properly, but it is simply refusing to start in the system. Please help me with the solutions that can be used in this situation.

Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard supports only Windows XP

Hello there, I have found from the internet that Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard supports only Windows XP. This is why Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard cannot function in Windows 7. So, this is actually an incompatibility issue that you are facing. My suggestion is to confirm about this incompatibility problem by running the hardware and software evaluation wizard.

The latest version of Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard

It has been noticed that the newer versions of all the applications and programs work fine with the Windows 7 operating system. This is because the developers are making it sure that all the existing operating systems in the market must be supported by the new versions. So, you will have to wait until the latest version of Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard is released.

Alternatives for Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard

I have found some of the alternatives for Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard, that could work in the Windows 7 operating system as well as having similar features as the above mentioned software:
    1. Port Forwarding Wizard 4.0
    2. Port Mapper 1
    3. FreeSSHd 1.0.9
    4. Port Tunnel Wizard 2.1

With the help of any of the above softwares, the issue of Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard cannot function in Windows 7 can be solved.

Install Windows 7 in a dual boot setup

It is always advised that one must always install Windows 7 in a dual boot setup. You could solve the problems like Reverse Port Forwarding Wizard cannot function in Windows 7 with the help of such a setup. You have to start the computer with the other operating system, that is Windows XP, that will be installed in another drive in the system. Such incompatible softwares can be run in it.