Thread: README list of supported cards needs updating

README list of supported cards needs updating

Hi guys,

I am little bit confused regarding the graphic card. I think the README listing of compatible cards requires to be updated. In the post announcing the release of 190.42 it lists new Geforce GPU's that are compatible, but this is not reflected in the README list of compatible GPU's.

So, I suspect there are a lot of different support GPU's not listed in the README as well as those indicated in the 190.42 post.

Sometimes, it depends on your system configuration means what platform you are using to run on the machine and which one internal devices you are using. And if you will look somewhere outside then you can assume that The Solaris driver are only comaptible with Quadro GPUs, so they are the only ones listed in the Solaris README.
    Last edited by Devasis; 17-04-2010 at 12:04 AM.

I got some complex problem because I never interact with such type of issue before. I am running with sun solaries and never configured any settings related to the implementation of graphics cards and all other stuff like this.

I need to know about the way how to get Processor information in Sun Solaris and one thing more " How can I tell how many cpu's are on a solaris ?

Yeah , you can find the appropriate information about your current using processor and other information related to the card configuration but you need to issue some specific commands for that.

There are so many commands are being used on the Linux based operating system to find the configuration if the CPU's and much more. Try to get the commands help from the library of solaries.

Hello all this is the solution for your problem and you can use it on the prompt. If we talk about the processor information then you can do it using one of the reserve commands for this task only as :

Code:
    sunsolaris# psrinfo -v
    And if you need to find out the number of current CPU's attached with the system can be measured with the following command :

Code:
    # prtdiag -v