Thread: Cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100%

Cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100%

I am facing a weird issue after I have done a recent upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The problem is that I cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100%. Is this a genuine issue, since I am not able to figure out why this is happening. My computer is running the Windows 7 Ultimate operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. All possible replies and comments are duly appreciated.
    Last edited by Akaashath; 16-04-2010 at 03:47 AM.

Some kind of infection

If you cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100%, then it seems that some kind of infection has affected the computer. The only solution to get rid of this issue is to kill the processes that you are finding in the task manager manually and then, scan the system with the help of the AVG antivirus. Remove all the unhealed infections, that are detected during the scan.

Windows 7 uses a lot of resources

There are 2 reasons for the problem that you cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100%. The first problem is being caused because of an infection and its eradicated is given in the above post. The second problem is encountered because Windows 7 uses a lot of resources. You will have to close all the built-in gadgets as well as change the graphical theme to Aero to get rid of this issue.

Dr. V Guest

Format the system

Hello there, it seems that your computer has been corrupted due to which you cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100%. The ultimate solution available is to format the system and install a new copy of Windows in it as soon as possible. If you keep the infection persisting in the system, then there is a possibility of a system crash too.

System restore is a better option

I think that system restore is a better option, when compared with formatting. Formatting is never a recommended technique to get rid of infections. The main reason for this is that, the operating system is removed by formatting. In system restore, the operating system remains, while all the other installed components along with the infections will be removed from the system. Thus, the issue that you cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100% will be solved with the help of this technique.

Start a boot scan with the help of Quick Heal antivirus

The issue that you cannot get rid of multiple iexplore.exe processes and CPU usage is 100% can be resolved if you start a boot scan with the help of Quick Heal antivirus. All the infections will not be able to execute in this mode, due to which they remain inactive. So, this is the best time when the antivirus can get rid of the infections. The computer has to be restarted before boot scan is started.