Thread: stacsv.exe is running all the time

stacsv.exe is running all the time

I have installed Windows Vista operating system recently and after installing the sound drivers in the system, I am facing a very weird problem. The main situation is that stacsv.exe is running all the time. I can see its process running all the time in the task manager. Another problem is that it uses almost 50% of the system resources. Kindly help me to get rid of this problem as soon as possible.

Dr. V Guest

Some infection in disguise

It is possible that the issue of stacsv.exe is running all the time is being caused due to some infection in disguise. Such infections are also called as trojans. I suggest you to install an anti-spyware, that will have a check on the activities that are going on within the computer, by staying in the background. If this is some malicious activity, then the particular application or program causing the same will be removed from the system.

Reinstall the proper drivers

Hello there, I was facing the same issue that stacsv.exe is running all the time. I just had to reinstall the proper drivers to solve this problem. You will also have to do the same, but also make sure that you are using proper and compatible drivers or not, with respect to the operating system that you are using. Just let me know if the problem persists.

Re: stacsv.exe is running all the time

Many users are facing this issue that stacsv.exe is running all the time and this becomes the responsibility of the authorities to get a perfect solution for the same. I have not been able to resolve this situation in my system till now. The recommendations are to format the system and install a new copy of the operating system that you are using. The issue will not exist after that.

A system restore will help

As you must have installed incorrect drivers in the system, you might be facing the issue that stacsv.exe is running all the time. According to me, a system restore will help you in this situation. All the applied settings will be rolled back to a time, when the computer was free from all the installed components. You will have to use the option of factory settings in system restore for this purpose.

Re: stacsv.exe is running all the time

I tried almost all the solutions available on the internet, but the problem of stacsv.exe is running all the time is still persisting. I guess that there is some conflict between the drivers and the system. The particular authorities must come up with a solution. It will be better if Microsoft takes the steps to solve the issue. All the solutions seem to be partially correct to me, not fully.