Thread: Major Problems with Auzentech X-fi Prelude

Major Problems with Auzentech X-fi Prelude

Hi,
    I have a Windows PC which comes pre-configured with Auzentech X-fi Prelude. Now when remove the card to avoid any system issue while upgrading vista I found the my sound failed working. I had provided a different hardware for the same. That simply means that my motherboard might not support any other sound device. What should I do here. I want to play some games for which I had upgraded my system. Does this card works well on new games.

Re: Major Problems with Auzentech X-fi Prelude

Contrary to what one might think, it is mainly dedicated to the game and music and a little less home theater. Indeed it hangs over the encoding on the fly to Dolby Digital and do not support multiple standards such as audio processing Dolby Pro Logic IIX, Dolby Virtual Speaker and Dolby Headphone. Nevertheless, it offers an excellent software part which offers many options. People who want a sound card dedicated to high-end home theater will instead turn to the recent Asus Xonar D2 .

Auzentech X-fi Prelude could be thefirst sound card that supports HDMI 1.3 by means of an extension being developed by engineers Auzentech. This add-on will aim to convey the audio tracks in Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD used by HD DVD and Blu-ray, something that is yet proposed by any sound card (integrated or dedicated) because of the limitation Band of SPDIF audio.

The X-Fi Prelude 7.1 incorporates the features of the X-Fi Fatal1ty with the support of 64 MB X-RAM memory that is supported by the following example with Battlefield 2. You may say that the Prelude is a Creative X-Fi Yes and no, because Auzentech has improved. Already contrary to what the media at Creative difficult to say, the X-Fi processor is delivered in its debug v.2 tell us.

The processor incorporates the Auzen X-Fi audio but also the driver and the dashboard of the card. For the driver installation, I recommend disabling the anti virus, as each driver installation. The virus can interpret the installation of some driver as a trojan. This stops the driver installation and makes your system unstable. The driver I used is the last site of Auzentech, the release candidate 3 (RC3), which is not yet fully succeeded. Indeed, certain features such as THX panel is not available. If the card is fully manageable under Windows XP and Vista.

The upgraded driver will provide the material support of Dolby Digital Live, DTS Interactive, DTS Neo PC for both operating systems of Windows. In fact Creative must review all of its software installers to accept audio processors on other brand. Thus the software and drivers from Creative's website does not work. You can also manage the card via the audio menu console that allows a majority of the sound card settings without having to design different modes offered by Creative.