Thread: Dreamweaver in Linux(RedHat)

Dreamweaver in Linux(RedHat)

Hi guys,

I need your help because I am a new guy to tackle with Linux and needed to install Dream weaver in Linux(RedHat). I am using Linux red hat. Would you all help me, how to install it on Linux .Provide me some details about the installation as soon as possible.

Thanks

The dream weaver can't be directly installed on linux. If you need to install it on red hat then there is something closest to the windows and similar to the Wine and I think, It should work. What you would be good option off doing is using a Linux native similar of Dreamweaver like Quanta+ or some such editing program.

There are so many users always tried to find the better and simple way to switch to a Linux-native program. And according to me Nvu would be the best of one . And if you are going for another best solution then you can use the Google for your best bet and check if someone else has hacked together a fix for this problem.

Hi,

There is no any software which is equivalent to the dreamweaver and can vbe available for linux but you can choose another way to deal with dreamweaver In linux.You have to use wine to run the dreamwaver!

First of all,You requires the installation of dreamweaver in windows ( installer no work in wine )

• From the windows registry editor ,just export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Macromedia > macro.reg in linux to type wine regedit macro.reg
    • Just copy the directory "Macromedia" from C:\Program Files\ to ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/ in Linux
    • Just copy the directory "Macromedia" from C:\Windows\System32\ to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ in Linux
    • Now ,copy the folder "Macromedia" from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/All Users/ in Linux
    • Copy the folder "Macromedia" from C:\Program Files\Common Files\ to ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files in Linux
    • For executing the dreamweaver wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver\ 8/Dreamweaver.exe

Linux and Windows is based on different rules and perform the functionality on different methods . You cannot use any software that speaks Windows on a desktop OS that speaks Linux. It is not so easy to understand the complexity. You need to use Bluefish, Komposer, or Quanta.

There is one more about which members has been discussed named as wine. It is used as mediator between a windows program and a linux based OS. According to me , It is accurate up to 98%. I have not tried it though.