Thread: Cursor has a mind of it's own!

Cursor has a mind of it's own!

Hi all,

I am using mini Toshiba laptop. I am not comfortable with the touchpad. So i plug in the IBM Mouse to my laptop. But i found that the cursor is jumping around with the mouse, but it can not with the touch pad. I am using optical mouse with mouse pad. Any body have any idea how to set this mouse to laptop. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cursor has a mind of it's own!

Optical Mouse failure include: failure of the mouse button, can not find the mouse, the sensitivity variation, mouse positioning allowed or drift phenomenon often occurs for no reason. Optical Mouse failure to break above 90%, key loose contact, optical system, three types of failure dirt, but a Weld and the original damages. Check and reply.

Re: Cursor has a mind of it's own!

Optical mouse sensitivity variation is a common fault, specific performance is move the mouse, the cursor reaction inactive, do not listen to the command. Sensitivity variation was mainly attributable to the aging of light-emitting tube or a photosensitive element, optical receiver offset, focal length is not aligned, external light effects, lens channel with pollution. Or photosensitive element for LED aging caused by the failure to replace the same model LED or photodiode. All the best.

Position the mouse are not allowed to drift or failure often occurs for no reason is mainly the impact of stray light or circuit in the pulse of interference, poor quality crystal or ic caused. Positioning for the mouse are not allowed to drift or failure often occurs for no reason first check the circuit solder joints, especially in some vulnerable parts of power, found that Weld point can repair welding after the electric iron. If not Weld, check the crystal is normal, if not normal, you can replace the crystal. All the best.

You need to right-click- My Computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager, enter "ps / 2 mouse" / properties / advanced settings tab in the "fast initialization" before the hook removed, according to applications can be. Position the mouse is largely closed to the mouse pointer acceleration windows xp doing strange, this feature is Microsoft windows xp in order to simulate the real feel and design. Solution: Go to Control Panel / Mouse / pointer options, will "enhance pointer precision" before the hook removed, then the pointer speed can be appropriately adjusted to solve the problem faster. All the best.

Follow the steps:
    (1). try a different input method
    (2). If the notebook, there may be inadvertently touched the touch pad
    (3). If the system is running busy, slow response of the input end to unnecessary procedures. The virus may also take up system resources