Thread: Windows xp is working very slow

Windows xp is working very slow

Im using a Windows XP OS on my PC.
    I noticed it was extremely slow when booting up , from the minute when you press the Power it takes 10 minutes to get to the Password input screen , and at least another 15minutes to get to the desktop.. So as soon as i done that , i defragged maybe 4 times , cleaned the registry multiple times , Stopped al programs from starting up in the start up menu , and i upgraded to 4GB RAM.

Specs are :

Dell dimension DIM5100
    Intel(R) Pentium(r) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz , 2.99 Ghz,
    3.62 GB of Ram

Re: Windows xp is working very slow

Have you installed any software recently? Which might be eating up your process that is why the XP is booting slowly. Also when the hard disk is full or having less space then the XP takes time to load the complete data on the same. So if you are having the less space in the hard drive then free some and then check for the same.

Only 18% of the Harddrive is taken up , i also just recently removed alot of programs and software as soon as i noticed it slowing.

It appears as your system is infected with a virus or a malicious program and the virus is consuming most of your RAM hence your system works slowly. I would recommend you to scan your system with a good antivirus application and then delete the detected virus. This will definitely improve the performance of your system. Also try to use SLOW-PC FIGHTER application from the above link it will definitely help you.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    It appears as your system is infected with a virus or a malicious program and the virus is consuming most of your RAM hence your system works slowly. I would recommend you to scan your system with a good antivirus application and then delete the detected virus. This will definitely improve the performance of your system. Also try to use SLOW-PC FIGHTER application from the above link it will definitely help you.
    No virus' , i scanned with multiple scanners so thats clean , but ill try the link you provided , thanks