Thread: Filter manager causing event 41 restarts

Filter manager causing event 41 restarts

Hello people, I have recently installed Windows 7 operating system on the computer but I am facing some problems while using Windows 7 operating system on the computer. The computer suddenly shuts down and gives BSOD. Normally when this happens the filter manager is trying to access some process. I am not sure if Filter manager is causing event 41 restarts and hence need your help to solve the issue. Any suggestions/solutions about the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Filter manager causing event 41 restarts

The operating system which is installed on the computer is not working properly and hence you are getting BSOD's. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system of the computer. If any of the files which is associated to the operating system is corrupt or missing on the system then the operating system will not work properly and will give random errors like the ones which you are facing. You will have to reinstall the operating system on the computer again. To reinstall the operating system, insert the installation disk and boot the system from the disk. Let the procedure complete and then check if the problem is solved.

Scan the system with some updated antivirus as I suspect that your system is infected by some virus which is creating such problems. Virus's get downloaded on the computer while visiting certain website or while downloading some data from the internet. Some virus's have the tendency to get linked with the files of the operating system. If such a situation occurs then the operating system will not work properly. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. Do not delete any files as it may lead to total system failure.

Normally BSOD of the computer indicates some problems with the system memory. Whenever the system is not able to access the RAM of the memory, it gives a BSOD. Open the computer and remove the system RAM from the respective slots. Clean the connecting terminals of the RAM and replace them back in their respective slots. Check if the system gives the same error or not. If there are multiple RAM chips then try booting the system using single RAM chip at a time. If for any RAM chip if the system does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it is faulty.

Try updating the BIOS of the computer as it can be a problem. BIOS of the system is responsible for saving all the settings which are required for the computer to work properly. If the BIOS of the system is not working properly then the computer will give some errors while working. Therefore get the BIOS of the motherboard updated. To update the BIOS of the motherboard, go to the official website of the manufacturer and download the latest BIOS which is available for the model of the motherboard which you are using and install it. After upgrading the BIOS check if the problem continues.

I was also facing the same problem when I installed Windows 7 on my computer. The system used to give BSOD error randomly while using the computer. I tried a lot to figure out what exactly the problem was and finally got the solution. You will have to get the Windows installation upgraded to solve the problem. Turn on the automatic updates on the computer and let the procedure complete. The system will restart once the updates are installed and then check if the system is working properly or not.