Thread: Hyper-V R2 BIN file size only 4kb

Hyper-V R2 BIN file size only 4kb

Hello everyone,
    I am facing issues on Hyper-V R2 BIN file size. So thought that this is the right place to ask queries, since you have fixed many issues of mine.!! The virtual machines are having a .BIN file which is only 4KB in size. I want to know more about the BIN file size about the Hyper-V R2 just for the knowledge purpose. But the main issues is that Hyper-V R2 BIN file size only 4kb!! Help me soon.

Re: Hyper-V R2 BIN file size only 4kb

All partitions must be formatted as NTFS (NT File System). NTFS can set security settings, better performance and greater fault tolerance. In addition, NTFS saves disk space, since NTFS cluster sizes are much smaller and constant (The minimum size is 4 KB). FAT partitions require cluster sizes much higher because the partition size is larger (the minimum size is 32 KB). More space is wasted on FAT partitions because the file system requires an amount of physical disk space as the cluster size of the partition used to store a file, even if file size is smaller than the size of the cluster.
    ASUS P5VD1-X
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.00GHz
    Maxtor 160GB
    Corsair 1.5GB PC3200 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
    Phillips DVD RW
    Magna 500W PSU
    XION II Steel Black Gaming Case

The computer storage used by the Exchange guest virtual storage can be a fixed size (eg, fixed virtual hard disks (VHD) in Hyper-V environment), Direct Access Storage Storage SCSI or Internet SCSI (iSCSI). The direct access storage is a storage type configured for the host and guest machine. The volumes of pass-through should be submitted as block-level storage virtualization software on hardware, because Exchange 2010 does not support the use of volumes of network attached storage (NAS).
    Desktop * Athlon X2 4200 | 2048M RAM | 160G HD | 7600GT
    MacMini * G4 1.33GHz | 512M RAM | 40G HD | Radeon 9200
    Laptop * Sempron 2800 | 512M RAM | 60G HD
    PDA * Dell Axim x51 | 128M Internal | 256M SD Card

My first guess at what is happening is that there is a bad interaction with Antivirus happening here. To resolve this issue, configure the real-time scanning component within your antivirus software to exclude the following directories and files :
    • Default virtual machine configuration directory (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V)
    • Custom virtual machine configuration directories
    • Default virtual hard disk drive directory (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks)
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

If virtual machines are missing from the Hyper-V Management console, you must configure the antivirus exclusions, and then restart the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service.If you receive error code 0x800704C8, it is likely that the virtual machine configuration file was corrupted. In this case, and if restarting the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service does not resolve the issue, the virtual machine has to be re-created or restored from a backup.