Thread: WMC: Guide Download Error, The Guide could not be downloaded

WMC: Guide Download Error, The Guide could not be downloaded

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 ultimate 64bit version operating system. I am working with Media center. The problem is that I was trying to update the same as it has been done for long. When I tried to do the same it refused to download the guide. I do not know what could have been the reason. Please do help me out so that I can sort the issue. Thank you.

Re: WMC: Guide Download Error, The Guide could not be downloaded

This is basically a problem as the issue cannot be sorted out. It is because the guide of media center is been provided on the basis of certain postal code. It may be that the arena may not be located or is not listed to the postal code of yours. So it is quite not possible to get the application to be downloaded. So do check out for the issue. You may figure it out.

It could be that the user account that you use may not be able or have the right to install or download content from the site. This is because the admin might have restricted the right for the user to get the contents downloaded. You need to get access to the admin account and then try to process the same. Hope this will help in making the issue well sorted.

If you are not able to get access to the admin account there is a other way through which you can make the issue to be sorted. IT is by creating a new account which would have the admin rights. This may then make the application or the guide to be downloaded in order to update the media center pack that you are using or getting accessed with.

Dr. V Guest

In order to create a new account with admin rights you need to follow the steps as follows:

1. Open the start menu and then the control panel option
    2. As it is been done you need to open the user account option
    3. Now fill in the parameters and then under manage section and make it as admin account type
    4. Now click on create account
    5. Restart the system
    6. Login using the newly created account

There is another alternative for the same. You need to check out by resetting the TV setup box and then look out for the result. This issue may generally be also based on the issue that is incorrect date/timings. Look out for the same. You can wipe off your cmos. After all this stuffs has been done it should then work out well. Try performing the same. Hope you may get to download the guide.