Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010

Windows 7 takes 5 minutes to boot on SSD

Hey guys,
Recently, I installed Windows 7 x64 Pro and taking so much time to boot, even though it's on a solid state drive (Intel 80GB G2).

The first boot, I attempted after installation of OS,that was so quick. This is the software I installed after which at the next boot up, it consumes a long time near about (5 to 10 minutes) to get to the login screen. It stays in the "Starting Windows" with that logo for the 5 to 10 minutes after that it finally goes to the user login screen. Would you all have any idea to increase the performance of the booting time.
Old 07-04-2010

Commonly, when a machine is evaluating this type of complexity then It depends on your BIOS settings,You need to check the settings of your BIOS related to the booting method.

Enter into the BIOS and disable any boot sequences that are using USB external, or similar. should take care of it. In fact , unless you have a requirement for it and make only your hard drive as a bootable device to boot the system. let me know if this helps you.
Old 07-04-2010

In this situation,you can troubleshoot the issue with the help of a clean boot of the machine, Just perform a Clean Boot and test if the problem is caused by other programs.

The clean booting process of the machine will remove the unnecessary components from the computer system which is accepted in the process of normal booting and would be disabled for a while.
Old 07-04-2010

The clean booting of the computer system would be performed in the following way as dedicated with the steps:

1. Click on Start menu and type "MSCONFIG" in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to launch the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click on the "Services" tab and test the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click on "Disable All" .
3. Now click on the "Startup" tab and then after "Disable All" ,click "OK" to save the changes.

Note: After disabling the services and startup components, Windows Live OneCare may display red icon in system tray. You then can re-enable those associated services and startup components after the troubleshooting process.

4. Reboot the machine and test the problem.
Old 07-04-2010

I am also suffering with some close to this problem and checked at the Windows Logs in event viewer for "System" and got that it consumes near about 9 minutes between the starting process of OS . I also get this from thw log :

Code:
The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.
There were 4 entries that are same and points "Error" level and this displays to be stalling the OS start-up for about 8 minutes or so. I know that iaStor is from the Intel Matrix Manager or whatever it's known (to do with Hard Drives), so I uninstalled this, restarted, and Windows 7 consumes about 10 to 15 seconds to start up so the problem is now fixed.
Old 07-04-2010

The guidelines that should you care about. Before installation of a new OS, Visit on to the manufacturer web sites for your hardware and download the latest drivers for particular component, and store them into a separate drive, flash, or burn to disc for permanent storage device.

There are 95% of the situation comes out when you receive a new hardware, the disc that comes with that hardware already has outdated software on it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,