Thread: SetCursorPos() fails under Windows XP mode running under Virtual PC7

SetCursorPos() fails under Windows XP mode running under Virtual PC7

SetCursorPos() fails to put the mouse pointer in the required co-ordinates or position in Windows XP mode, which is running by Virtual PC7.
    SetCursorPos() still proceeds the non-zero significance in referring to 'SetCursorPos()' is successful on Virtual windows, but it does not place the mouse pointer to the required co-ordinates. In short I want to know why SetCursorPos() fails under Windows XP mode running under Virtual PC7

Re: SetCursorPos() fails under Windows XP mode running under Virtual PC7

According to for the successful working of the SetCursorPos() you have to disable the Integration Components, because they override mouse control, so you have accurate mouse control and mouse integration with the SetCursorPos() under the windows XP mode which is running under Virtual PC7

Primarily I have tried this without installing “Ad-ons” that means without the use of mouse integration. But I was having problem, with the association of mouse pointer. What I am getting is that the mouse pointer positions, but they are not associated. And what more the mouse pointer on Virtual computer system moves randomly.

I think that this issue is because of the Virtual PC 2007. I am not sure but you can find the solution for the same by searching this issue related to the windows 7 virtualization because Microsoft is having the updates for every new issue related to the virtualization. May be this will help you, if you have any further problem then please reply.

I will like to give some information related to this topic
    The SetCursorPos is used to move the mouse cursor to the required position. This method can also be used for repainting of the mouse cursor and for keeping the cursor within the required boundaries.
    Arguments of this SetCursorPos are “x” this represent the horizontal position of the mouse cursor. Similarly “y” shows the vertical position of the mouse. This return the value =0 for moving the mouse cursor is successful and 1for the moving of the mouse cursor is failed.