Thread: Microsoft KB977074 Update Problem

Microsoft KB977074 Update Problem

I am having Microsoft KB977074 Update Problem i have tried installing the same but the update is not starting up. I have downloaded the update from the Microsoft and when trying to install the same it shows me that that the update is not compatible with the computer of mine. So help me with the issue that i am frustrated with. Thank you.

Re: Microsoft KB977074 Update Problem

It seems that the problem is with the explorer.exe which is not compatible with the update and that is why unable to update the same. If you are updating the with the KB977074 the your explorer.exe must be 6.1.7600.16450. Just after downloading the update just restart the system and then try to install the same.

If you are unable to run the auto update as well as the manual update then let me tell you that there could be the issue with the Cache which might be causing the issue while you are downloading the update. So first clear the cache and history from your computer and then start the same download again. I hope this will work for you.

If you are unable to run the auto update as well as the manual update then let me tell you that there could be the issue with the Cache which might be causing the issue while you are downloading the update. So first clear the cache and history from your computer and then start the same download again. I hope this will work for you.
    I have done that with the clearing the cache with the computer and started downloading the same but no avail.

I will suggest you to check for the list of the update on your computer as it is possible that the KB977074 Update is already there. Also if you are running any kind of anti virus program then it is advisable to disable the same and then start MS update. Also let me know about the system information that you are trying to update.

If all the above is not working then i will suggest you to reset the IP which might be blocking the same. So to perform the same go through the detail given below that will help you for clearing IP.
    • Click the Start Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
    • Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Please enter the following commands, and press enter after each