Thread: Chinese language writing pad support on windows 7

Chinese language writing pad support on windows 7

Hi,
    I have bought a new brand computer recently which runs on Windows 7 Ultimate which was pre-installed in it. As it was said that it would allow me to write the Traditional Chinese characters by using IME Pad. After downloading and installing this Traditional Chinese language pack and experimenting it with the help of various keyboards, I have finally decided that the Chinese with New Phonetic keyboard is the closest which can be able to generate the characters with the phonetic in the IME Pad. But before in Windows XP Professional that has a "Microsoft New Phonetic IME 2002a" which generates helped me to enable handwriting in the Traditional Chinese character set and also has the right phonetic associated with the words. I wanted to know that why Windows 7 don't support it. Please help.
    Last edited by Gunwant; 06-04-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Re: Chinese language wirting pad support on windows 7

I think you need to right click on the "Directory" icon which is on the IME Pad that can choose the "User settings", and can enable "Show Applets for all IME", highlight "Hand Writting(CH)" and after that click on Add. Then the Hand Writing which will show up as the input methods under the "Directory". So i think you have understood the settings which you have to do it on your computer which runs on Windows 7.

I think for the chinese characters only the “Chinese- MicrosoftPinyinNewexperence Input Style” which will bring out the IME Pad. After that add this from the text services and then Input Languages, you will see that the IME item appears from the language bar. In addition that the Windows 7 Ultimate should have all the Traditional Chinese language pack build-in. I think you need to check it out with the official website of the windows.

I was also having the same problem but i was able to solve it, you need to add your keyboard i.e "Traditional Chinese Keyboard-Phonetic" to my list. The Hand Writing (CH) got disappeared from the other keyboards. After that, then I deleted the "Traditional Chinese Keyboard-Phonetic" keyboard and rebooted the computer and i was able to get it back. I would like to suggest you to replace your "Traditional Chinese Keyboard-Phonetic" with the "Chinese (Traditional) - New Phonetic" and then reboot.

I think you need to check out for the patch file for the language which can help you to support the chinese language on Windows 7 operating system. and also you need to have the updated version of the driver for the handwriting pad which can support windows 7 perfectly. So if you want then you can check it out by going on the internet and there just google it and you will find the result.

Re: Chinese language writing pad support on windows 7

As calvin k he has suggested a method by which you can solve your problem. I was also having the same problem but solve it with the help of the post which was given by the calvin K. So you can go through the settings which is defined in the post and then just check it out. You will definitely have the solution for your writing pas of chinese language and it will help you with the solution.