Thread: Digital Cable Advisor Missing From Windows 7

Digital Cable Advisor Missing From Windows 7

Hello friends,

I recently bought the computer system, And I have installed windows 7 operating system over it. But the thing is that 'Digital Cable Advisor' is missing from the 'Windows Media Center'. Previously I had windows vista operating system, then I upgraded it with windows 7 OS. I am not getting the cause behind this missing of 'Digital Cable Advisor', and procedure to recover it. I wonder if you are able to help me over this issue. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Digital Cable Advisor Missing From Windows 7

It seems that you have not properly installed the windows 7 operating system. on your system. I think there is only one way to sort out this windows 7 issue, and which you need to try the reinstallation of windows 7 operating system. I also had the same issue with windows 7, and I did the above same solution to solve this issue.

To solve this Digital Cable Advisor Missing issue of Windows 7, for that you just need to enables the Windows Media Center extenders which is through the Windows firewall. To do this open the extras from the Windows Media Center, and then you need to click over the 'Galleries option' and then click over the 'Digital Cable Advisor'. You need to run it and try to install necessary software.

Please try following solution to sort out Digital Cable Advisor issue:
    • First you need to Open Programs and Features from the Control Panel.
    • The next steps is to select "Turn Windows features on or off".
    • After this you need to uncheck "Windows Media Center" by expanding the "Media Features" and try to restart it
    • Then you will need to again open 'Turn Windows features on or off' feature, then restart the 'Windows Media Center'.

Thanks friend for all your suggestions. I followed the above given step int the way to recover the Digital Cable Advisor which is from the 'Windows Media Center'. I didn't get any serious problem while doing this task. AS per your suggestion I did restarting of option 'Turn Windows features on or off' and then restarted my computer system. I solve all my issues related to the 'Digital Cable Advisor'.