Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2010

Black Screen on Boot up of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Hello to all,
I have recently bought a cool new Compaq computer which has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit installed in it. In the starting months it don't have any problem. In recently I am getting black screen on my monitor whenever I booted up my computer. The black screen remains for 10 minutes until login page comes up. During black screen I unable to do any operation. I don't know hwy there is black Screen on Boot up of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit ? Anyone else having the same problem.
Please help me.
Old 06-04-2010

Re: Black Screen on Boot up of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I think you have to update your BIOS to get rid out of this problem. If you don't know how to update your BIOS the use following instruction.

1. During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.
2. Check the Main menu.
3. The 4-digit number after the '86A' or '86I' is the current BIOS version, as in this example: KGIBX10J.86A.3822.2009.0928.1349
4. Press Escape to exit BIOS Setup.
5.Now if you find that, you are using older version then according to your mother download and install latest version of BIOS update.
Old 06-04-2010

If you are getting black screen then it means that you are having problem with your display card. Either it's driver may not be installed properly or it may not be fit properly. In this case just unplug and again insert it properly. After this download and install latest drivers for your display card. After this you will not get any problem.
Old 06-04-2010

It seems that there is some problem in your computer's monitor and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to use another monitor with your computer. Just remove your old monitor and connect another monitor to your computer. If you didn't get any problem, then it means that your old monitor is faulty one. In this case you have to repair it to fix this issue.
Old 06-04-2010

If there is problem in your computer's software then you have to perform "clean boot" process to eliminate software conflicts. You can perform "clean boot" process in the following ways.
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2.Click Start button, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
3.On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
4.On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
5.Click OK, and then click Restart.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,