Thread: Windows 7 Running Slow, Consuming Large Amounts of Memory and Generally Not Feeling Well.

Windows 7 Running Slow, Consuming Large Amounts of Memory and Generally Not Feeling Well.

Hello friends,
    I am having this problem from the last night. The day before yesterday I leave my PC in running position till yesterday night. When I came I found that my PC is running for 24 hours continuously. When I tried to access it, I found that it becomes very very slow. It takes lot of time for opening any application. I also found that some of process like ipoint.exe are using 150 MB of private working set. I don't know why windows 7 Running Slow, Consuming Large Amounts of Memory and Generally Not Feeling Well? Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 Running Slow, Consuming Large Amounts of Memory and Generally Not Feeling Well.

Hey from your information it seems that you are affected with some kind of deadly virus and that's why you are getting very slow. In this case you have to remove or delete those virus from your computer to fix this problem. To do this you have to use best antivirus for your computer. As per my suggestion you must use Avast antivirus for your computer. This is one of the simple and secure antivirus.

Re: Windows 7 Running Slow, Consuming Large Amounts of Memory and Generally Not Feeling Well.

I don't know for what reason you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to go to the following link and try to speed up your computer. After using these link you will able to speed up your Windows 7.
    How to Speed Up Windows 7 and Windows Vista Boot Up Process by Increasing Processor
    Speed Up Windows Startup with a Processor Tweak

From your information it seems that your computer is filled up with some unwanted files and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to use Disk Cleanup process to fix this problem. You can do this in the following ways.
    1.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, then click Disk Cleanup. If several drives are available, you might be prompted to specify which drive you want to clean.
    2.When Disk Cleanup has calculated how much space you can free, in the Disk Cleanup for dialog box, scroll through the content of the Files to delete list.
    3.Clear the check boxes for files that you don't want to delete, and then click OK.
    4.When prompted to confirm that you want to delete the specified files, click Yes

Have you tried "Disk Defragmenter" process. If not, then you have to use this process. This process bring your application's file closer and thus help in increasing speed. You can use following process to start this process.
    Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Disk Defragmenter.

Dr. V Guest

I think Windows 7 does not supported on your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to check whether your computer's hardware configuartion is supported by Windows 7 or not.
    If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver