Thread: How do I remove padlock icon from all my files?

How do I remove padlock icon from all my files?

Hello Friends,

I have the computer system, with windows 7 operating system installed on it. In one of of computer drive, each and every file comprises the 'padlock icon' over the file icon. I have tried lots of methods to remove this, but nothing was helpful. The another thing is that I had to take ownership of this drive for some issues. If you have any solution over this then please let me know that. Your help would be greatly appreciable.

Re: How do I remove padlock icon from all my files?

According to me me this is the new feature of windows 7 operating system. Whenever you takes the ownership of any drive, all of the files from this specified drive comprises the padlock icon 'padlock icon'. But unfortunately I don't know how to remover this padlock icon from all of the files from the particular drive over windows 7 operating system.

You don't need to worry about the padlock symbol over the files. Becaue this means that you files are secured. The padlock symbol is often used to represent the safety and protection. For example, browsing web pages secure revealed a small padlock in the bottom status bar or in the address bar of some browsers. You can also find this symbol on files and directories that are protected in reading or writing.

I am also one of you, having the same issue with padlock icon. I have gone through the various procedures in the way to remove the padlock icon from all of the files from particular drive, but didn't get any success in it. Someone one told me that this is happening because of the drive ownership. If you get solution over the same, then please let me know the same.

I think you need to modify the ownership of the folders of you drive. In the way to achieve this task you need use the option known as "Replace owner for objects". Using this option need to change the folder ownership. But thing is that you apply the same procedure for all of the folders. So it's becomes quite frustrating to do this task.