Thread: Install Ubuntu in Win 7 virtual machine

Install Ubuntu in Win 7 virtual machine

Hello,
    I am currently in Windows 7 Professional. I wish I install Ubuntu 9.10 on Virtual PC. Problem: with ISO desktop, the virtual machine before installing the cleanest cut. I managed to install with the alternate CD, but at reboot, same thing: the virtual machine turns off by itself. Do you have an idea of the problem?

Re: Install Ubuntu in Win 7 virtual machine

Hello,
    I managed to install KDE on a karmic Windows 7 Ultimate without any problems

-Have you fully activated virtualization capabilities of your processor in the bios?
    - How much ram do you have allocated to the virtual machine? (I used 1.5 GB)
    - Have you tried to launch the application in full screen (ctrl-alt-break)
    - Well you have used a dynamic vhd? (It is fully accepted by all GNU-Linux)
    -Are you good with the latest version of Windows Virtual PC? (Not the RC was still a bit buggy)
    - Stupid question ... with what kernel version do you play (as quoted VM host side): 32 or 64 bit?

Hello,
    From my side, it is the minimum that I can not install. Or more precisely, which installs without problem, but has some glitches display after the first boot. This implies that we should indicate when the installation, a screen resolution using a formula shaman I do not know. It's a bit paradoxical to have seeds of "graphics" in trying to install a kernel-mode. In general, if vpc integration brings in seven nice, it adds a serious elements, there are lot of limitations, including side management flexibility and cd iso at boot (vpc "old way" was more flexible on that side). The emulation of USB ports is still very average and reserved for slow devices.

Hello,
    I am also on Windows 7 Professional. I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on Virtual PC for Windows Seven, downloaded Windows XP mode. We must put the address of the ISO tool, settings, DVD and reboot the virtual machine. I successfully installed the second attempt. It is quite long, it must be given time, the screen displays by bizarre, but it should allow, the first time I did not have the patience. Is the additional integration that I can not install and the network settings for Internet access.

Hello,
    I installed in karmic gnome kde xfe without any problem. I would look on the side of the cleanliness of the iso, you never know. (Or else a defective memory segment, is rare but can happen here). Have you tried to open a console? that gives the display? I always stumble on this story mode character completely disrupted. I think you should try this. If you are going to use the virtual box, then I would recommend you Sun Virtual box, which is now Oracle Virtual Box.