Thread: Dell Studio 1450 sound problem on Linux

Dell Studio 1450 sound problem on Linux

Hello,
    I have just purchased a new dell computer and I am facing a problem with the sound in linux on Dell Studio 1450. I have tried many driver and do not know why not even a single is working correctly. If any one of you are facing the same problem and have a solution or this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell Studio 1450 sound problem on Linux

Hello,
    I just purchased the new Dell Studio 17 with Windows 7. But I have a problem with my sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi mb
    When Windows starts, it does not seem to detect it from the start, so no sound, yet the driver is installed, I even tried reinstalling and re-downloading several times (on the Dell site, Creative ...) but the problem persists. When I want to start the driver for my sound card to configure it, it tells me that the hardware does not detect. So, if you guys have any solution for this.

Hello,
    Even did had a similar kind of a problem. I contact dell support online, they redirect me to a phone number or the guy wanted me to make a warranty extension for a technician to come home for some heavy amount if they return the PC troubleshooting for several me. They send me a new PC which has got out and gives me the choice between paying and wait several months for repair.

Hello,
    I think the sound card problem resolved, I install the driver downloaded from the dell site and then I install the creative driver, but the problem persists my keyboard and touchpad, I return guarantees, it changed my keyboard and memory (I do not see what memories come to the ?!?!) but in return, no change. If you need you can try this if it works then well and good.

Hello,
    Is a sound card is added or the original Studio 17? You tried to restore the entire system with the drivers included on CD? I think you should try a linux live cd, style unbutu (there even a version that can be installed on a windows partition, it avoids burning a cd) and see if the card is also not recognized. Hope one of the solutions work for you .

I solved by upgrading the drive to ALSA 1.0.23 which has the support for the Realtek ID 665 which is the hardware for audio mounted on the motherboard of Dell Studio 1450

Last edited by Maqbool; 23-06-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.