Thread: Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista

Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista

I own a Toshiba laptop, which was working fine without any issues before the Windows 7 operating system was installed into the computer. Actually, Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista. The Eco Utility feature is actually provided by the laptop and it was working fine in Windows Vista. I am not able to understand the problem that occurred after switching to Windows 7. Please help me with the possible solutions, that can be used in this case.

Incompatibility issue

I suppose that the problem of Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista is an incompatibility issue. That particular feature must not be supported by the Windows 7 operating system. Since, Windows 7 is a newly released operating system, some of the features of the computers as well as the applications and programs are seen to have problems with Windows 7.

Problem due to upgradation

According to me, Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista is a problem due to upgradation. I have the same laptop and the particular feature that you are talking about works fine in my system and I have installed Windows 7 too. But, I have done a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system. You will have format the system and install a new copy of Windows 7 to solve the issue.

Try out the compatibility mode

I would suggest you to try out the compatibility mode, inorder to get rid of the problem of Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista. When the system will be in the compatibility mode, almost all the features of the system as well as incompatibilities are seen to work fine with Windows 7. Try out the same and let me know if the issue is solved or not.

Dr. V Guest

Windows Vista is better than Windows 7

I want to clear out the fact that Windows Vista is better than Windows 7, since it does not have issues like Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista. The incompatibility issues with the applications and programs of Windows 7 are also not seen to occur in Windows Vista. Also, Windows Vista has almost the same features as Windows 7.

The hardware and software evaluation wizard

There is a need to run the hardware and software evaluation wizard to know about the main cause of the issue that Eco Utility won't work after Windows 7 upgrade from Windows Vista. This is a tool that lists all the components of the system, that are compatible and incompatible with the operating system that you are using. If you are not able to find the Utility among the incompatibilities, then you will have to call an engineer to look into the issue.