Thread: Replacement for Virtual PC Monitor/GUI

Replacement for Virtual PC Monitor/GUI

Hi everyone,
    I need some information that, is there any replacement for the old Virtual PC with master program, GUI and monitor, that could show all your Virtual PC's with their status of current running and also with the thumbnails, it should have a sensible menu for the management actions. All the things that i have is that a very poor "folder view" with no features of real control. So please help me in giving me some information on this topic.

Re: Replacement for Virtual PC Monitor/GUI

As you have stated that you need to know that is there any replacement for the Virtual Pc. I have seen that there is no such thing available in relation to the virtual pc. I think you need to know that there is not such replacement for the Wirtual PC console program. So if you want then you can upgrade it instead of replacing it or else you can also check for the update which can allow you to replace the Virtual PC.

As devasis has suggested you that you cannot replace the virtual pc, but i think you can check it out for the documents or user guide by which you can check out. You can have some of the documents on this topic that can explain you how we can perform the task which was previously perfirmed and it was possible from the console. So the best thing is that you need to check out the documentation for the task that you wanted to perform.

A few years back i created a project Bliss on the Codeplex. It can provide you a Virtual PC type console for the Virtual Server. As we know that the Windows 7 Virtual PC is based on base of Virtual Server code, you can see that the same APIs are used. It is easy relatively and you can update Bliss which can provide a Virtual PC style UI for the Windows 7 Virtual PC. Hope this helps you out.

I think you need to check it out with the official website of the operating system which you are using it currently and also you can go on the internet and then in the google search type your query that will provide you the best solution for your query. As most of the people they say that it is not possible with the console and if you want then you can also check it out with the user guide if provided on the internet.