Thread: SearchIndexer.exe taking up 20-25% CPU after indexing complete

SearchIndexer.exe taking up 20-25% CPU after indexing complete

Whenever i open task manager a process named as Searchindexer.exe takes around 20 % to 25 % of my RAM please help me regarding this matter. This really bothers me a lot. This is also when no other processes are running in the background why i don't know please help me to get rid of this error. I will be very much thankful to you.

Re: SearchIndexer.exe taking up 20-25% CPU after indexing complete

TO resolve this problem i would suggest you to go to the control panel for disabling the feature of indexing services which was present in the previous operating system of windows. You need to open the control panel and then programs and features and finally disable indexing service that was available in earlier windows.

I think that the indexing service is equally important since the indexing will help you in improving your system performance. This process gets triggered whenever the system becomes idle and hence i will not recommend you not to disable this service since disabling this service will definitely improve your systems performance.

First of all i would like to thank you all for replying . I have Checked under the the indexing options that 114,325 items have been indexed and that is almost complete. SO when i leave the system idle it takes around 15 % when i am using it the CPU usage goes to around 50 % which really affects my system, performance so please reply back with a different solutions.

The best p[ossible solution to get rid of this solution is to rebuild index feature so follow the steps which i have mentioned below

• Open Indexing Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type indexing options, and then click Indexing Options.
    • Click Advanced. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the Index Settings tab, and then click Rebuild. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.